Thursday, November 17, 2011

In Which I Don't Have Much To Say

There have been no posts, because there has not been much to post about. The Long Hours have restricted activities.

I have ripped out the hems of a pair of work trousers as either they've shrunk or I've grown. Both are exceedingly unlikely, as I've had them for at least 3 years, why would they shrink now - plus they've only shrunk in the leg length direction, and have expanded in the waist dimension (not strictly true, the Long Hours and Walking To Work have resulted in shrinking of my waist dimension, but the point still stands), and since I very much stopped growing a good few years ago, neither seems plausible. Huh. Anyway, they need the hems letting down. I have let down, now I must re-pin, press and sew.

I have been reading. Or rather, trying to read. The advent of a television (the Wildlife Photographer's, I was not very pro, but apparently it is here to stay) has meant (as I feared, hence the not being pro) I tend to slump in front of it, rather than reading or spending my time more usefully. I have been reading Don Carson's touching, and excellent, biography of his father Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor, although, like many of my books it has the sad fate of a bookmark 1/3 of the way through.

I have also been reading Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks, which is an interesting and light look into music and the brain.

No comments: